Friday, February 27, 2009

What a random week!

Well, it has been a very interesting week to say the least! Wednesday was Ash Wednesday and beginning of the Lenten season. I went to my first every Ash Wed. service. It was a neat experience and gave me time to be with God. Then a bunch of us hung out afterwards and I didn't get home until MIDNIGHT. That right there is a crazy thing...at least for those of you that know me well...my bedtime is 10pm if not earlier! That was really fun though. Then on Thursday, I was the Schuberts lil' Haley while everyone was out. I had so much fun! We were playing and being silly even in spite of the crazy storm outside. I had gotten a text from a friend when I was leaving school to see if I could meet for dinner at O'Hare and I knew I couldn't because I had to get to Haley. This wasn't just a friend from here, it was my friend in Alaska that I hadn't seen in like 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!! I told him that if they got home and his flight was delayed, I would come visit for a few minutes. Well, they came home and his flight had been delayed until 11:07pm so I drove like crazy around all the flooded portions of town to get there. We got to hang out for like 4o minutes and then he had to get inside and make sure he was at the gate so he wouldn't miss the plane! It was fun to hang out with him and it didn't cost me a flight to Alaska....which he continually reminds me I owe him because I told him I would come visit someday. I got home at like 11:20 or so! I am sooooo tired! Today I took a 3 hour nap when I got home from school!

I got through this week, now I must get through tomorrow. I have to take my certification tests for my IL teaching license. I thought "oh this will be no big deal, just a couple tests that take a couple of hours" because that's how my previous 4 tests were in TN....well, they take approximately 5 hours. My first one starts at 7:15 am (and you need to be there 30 min early) and goes until about 1pm. Then the second one starts at 1:30pm and is expected to last until 7:15 pm! Ok, my idea of a relaxing Saturday is not 12 hours of testing! What in the world are they thinking--I guess they aren't!!!!! :)

No comments: