Monday, February 23, 2009

Highlights from "Ski Your Buns Off 2009"

My sister and I drove down separately from the rest of the family after school on Friday. That was an adventure...more below!

One of her quotes for the weekend was "You are driving faster than I can run so you are driving too fast." She is in driver's ed and speed is not her friend, so to speak.

Her and I got off at an exit in Madison, WI thinking we would be able to find a Taco Bell and a Wal-Mart. Boy, were we wrong! We searched for over 30 minutes for it. We really wanted Taco Bell otherwise we would have stopped at some other place since every other store and restaurant in history was at that exit! It was very funny! So then we went on to the next exit that said there was a T B and got off. I really had to go to the bathroom so we went in, took care of that, got my sister a drink, and was about to order our food when we realized that it was a T B Express therefore they charged twice as much for food and a bean burrito was $1.69....almost twice as much as here...not happening!!! So we waited and kept driving. As soon as we got back on the interstate, I said, "God, all we need is a Wal-Mart with a Taco Bell in the outlot. Please give us one--that would be really great!" So we kept driving waiting to see a Taco Bell sign. Then 30 minutes later we saw one, and we could see it from the exit and what should it be sitting in front of, but a Wal-Mart....God answered our prayers!!!!!!! I didn't really think we'd find that combination but apparently they exist!

I was able to snowboard really well this weekend and just take my mind off life! It was a lot of fun and I had some good moments with my brothers and sister on the hill! :)

I only have five weeks left at my current job so please be praying for the next step in this specific journey! :)

No comments: