Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Shoots for Christmas Cards

In early December, I had 3 photo shoots for close friends that wanted family Christmas card pictures. For 2 of them, I had the families at my home and I set up shop here. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the set up but I moved the couch in our living room, and hung a thick black piece of material I had laying around up as a backdrop. I had some books, strings of beads, and blankets to use for the shoots. I had two little girls (my "nieces") over first. I seitched back and forth between the girls as mom changed their outfits and as they needed breaks in between shots. I came up with some really cute pictures of the girls which I will soon post here. I realized just how much of a workout a shoot can be. I was standing above the girls, laying down on the ground and just about everywhere in between. Then I had my friend Jaimie, her husband and sweet little girl, Brooke, here. I took pictures of the whole family, each of them with Brooke and some just of Brooke. They also turned out well especially the ones we ventured outdoors to get in the VERY first snow of the season...they were so neat! You will also see some of their pics up here very soon. Both of these shoots were back to back and I even got a couple shots of all 3 girls together. It was a very fun but also exhausting day to say the least. Then later in the week, I took pictures of a family I've known for a long time. They were fun to work with and I did it at their house which taught me a lot too!

I know that I have a lot to learn yet and am so grateful for my friends that have helped me to get to where I am today. You can check out Robb's work here and the Maas' here.  I definitely learned a lot and am excited to get some more shoots set up for the coming months! :)

No comments: