Sunday, September 12, 2010

KICK-OFF Launch of FCCC

WOW! That's all I could say after kick-off launch Sunday at FCCC 2 weeks ago already! God brought a lot of new people to our church and we also had a lot of family and friends that joined us. It was a special day as we started a new part of the journey called "church planting". (I've also been able to explain what church planting is and about FCCC to many new families that have interviewed me for babysitting recently!) Each week we've had tons of new visitors..I barely recgonize half of the congregation. I'm fortunate enough to be on stage so I get to see everyone and how each week, there are fewer and fewer empty chairs. God is doing amazing things and I'm excited to see how the next couple of months go. I can't imagine all that God will be doing in the church! Tonight will be my first night with the youth of FCCC! I'm excited and nervous. I know that my SUMMIT family will always be in my heart and I'm grateful for them and the amazing love and support they have shown me as I have been led by God on this new journey.

A little about how I started this journey for those that don't know:
Three years ago, I had a decision to make as I finished college/my Masters program. I could either stay in Nashville and most likely have a job or move home to watch my brothers and sister grow up through the end of high school and have to find a job. I am very close to my siblings and really felt as though that is really where God was calling me. As I came home, I decided to join in with the youth at my home church GEBC. I found a new passion for high school students and ended up staying with the ministry for 2 years until just recently leaving to pursue the youth of FCCC. I remember hearing about the church plant when I would come home to visit and decided to check out one of the meetings. As the discussion grew and we finally had decided on a location, it was clear to me that God was calling me there...as it was going to be planted in the town I was living in at the time...and still am!!!!  I continued attending the meetings and just felt like it was part of God's plan for me. I can see part of why God has called me here but I know there is much more to be seen!

No comments: