Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The days go by so quickly...

These days, life is passing me by like I'm on a train in another country. I look out and don't recognize what is around me, I'm going so fast, I don't know what's going on, is this train going a safe speed or is it out of control? I've been going a hundred miles an hour it seems. It is nothing short of a miracle that I'm making it where I'm supposed to be and when I am!

I have really enjoyed being in the classroom. I am full of joy as I am in a place I love to be. I am still adjusting and trying to make everything work so things aren't all settled yet but I have felt tremendous peace even in the midst of feeling completely overwhelmed with school and the rest of life. My students have been, for the most part, patient with me and the parents have been great.

This weekend, I had the glorious privilege of going with the high school students at GEBC to Baraboo, WI for their Winter Retreat! I knew God would do amazing things there and He definitely did! Barriers of great height were broken down. On Saturday, I got to go snowboarding with my new snowboard and then spent 5 hours in the ER with our youth pastor and one of the students from my cabin! I was glad to be there to support them in their time of need....I drove them home to the camp with my snowboard boots...what an adventure that was! Then on Sunday, I was part of an intense Broomball tourney...that we almost won! I was one heck of a defensive player--if I may say so myself. I have more glorious bruises to show for it too! Then, it was all about community and life change that night as our speaker, Johanne (/Joe-haan/), challenged the students, and leaders alike, to be part of life change in our community as a group. It was a really neat experience. I wish I could go again! I had a small moment of wondering whether I should have gone into youth ministry but then I pinched myself and realized, I liked the way things are now with a classroom of little cuties and then hanging with the students outside of that.

I feel so blessed to have friends around me that will support me and encourage me when I need it! It never ceases to amaze me how God brings the right people into my life at just the right time. I was blessed to have dinner with a friend tonight that was really encouraging even in the midst of trial and pain of his own. I am daily reminded that I am not alone, even when it feels that way. I dearly miss Audra and my other great friends in Nashville but I feel as though God has orchestrated my life to be this way and that I will see them soon! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Danielle, I know the feeling that life is passing you by so quickly! I'm not sure what exactly to do about it....if you figure it out, let me know!

I'm so glad that you're able to be in the classroom and working with you! I know that those are two areas where you are really great!