Saturday, May 16, 2009

Each day...

is a new challenge. I'm never really quite sure what will happen or how I will feel when I go to bed that night. I feel as though the past 4 weeks have been the most up and down I've felt all year since moving back. Each day, I wake up hoping that today will be the day that will be happier than the past few and will catapult me into a new journey where I feel joy and happiness each day but that hasn't been the case. I think I'm having an 'up' day and then something goes fatally wrong and my day comes crashing down on me. I am reading my Bible more, praying more, and just generally trying to be thankful for what I do have and know that God's perfect timing is real and will happen--but I somehow seem to feel as though as quickly as the trying happens, my heart just feels broken and sad. (Sorry about the run-on sentence!)

I found 8 openings online the other night for jobs in DG which I about fainted when I discovered them, but haven't heard anything yet from sending in my applications. I'm still searching and trying to get myself out there but it is just hard.

My sister rocked her pops concert the other night and we had fun singing the last song together during the family choir portion of the show!

My brothers both had soccer games this morning and they both played really well. I am, however, very upset with the ref in the game because my brother was being bullied by a guy on the other team and a couple times, I thought my brother was hurt. The ref barely called anything. I'm not normally one to be hard on the officials of a game because I know they have a tough job. These were blatant hits that would never fly in the pros and would normally have someone red-carded!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, it was a bad day for him and he was upset--which is unlike him too!

I just went to lunch with some friends that I know pretty well and some that I don't know very well but they are also going on the church plant so I'm excited about getting to know them better too. Tonight I'm headed to a BBQ....we'll see how it goes- 'nough said.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Danielle, I'm praying hard that your resume will find favor with someone! And that that job will be a great fit for you!